Monday, 1 August 2011Hon. Aicha Bah Diallo, advisor to the Director-General of UNESCO and former Minister of Education of Guinea, was appointed as the new FAWE Chairperson to lead a new 11-member Executive Committee during FAWE’s 8th General Assembly meeting on 29 July 2011.
The Executive Committee provides overall policy guidance to FAWE and is one of FAWE’s two governing bodies, the other being the General Assembly.
The other members of the Executive Committee are:
- Hon. Marie Lydia Toto Raharimalala, former Minister of State for Technical Education and Professional Training of Madagascar
- Professor Monica Mweseli, is Vice-Chancellor of Kiriri Women’s University of Science and Technology in Kenya
- Professor Christine Dranzoa, Associate Professor at Makerere University, Uganda
- Hon. Macsuzy Mondon, Minister for Education, Employment and Human Resources Development of Seychelles
- Dr. Winnie Nhlengethwa, Vice-Chancellor of Southern Africa Nazarene University in Swaziland
- Hon. Bernadette Legzi-Baloyki, Minister for Primary and Secondary Education and Literacy of Togo
- Dr. Fatou Sarr, Director of the Laboratoire Gendre et Recherche Scientifique at Université Cheikh Anta Diop in Senegal
- Hon. Esi Sutherland-Addy, Head of the Language, Literature and Drama Section, Institute of African Studies, University of Ghana
- Hon. Paulette Missambo, one of the founding members of FAWE and former Minister of State for Education of Gabon
- Ms. Mwanaidi Abdallah, Principal Secretary of the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training of Zanzibar
Please visit www.fawe.org for regular news updates.