Professor Genevieve Mwayuli is the Chairperson of FAWE Kenya. An Educationalist and Environmental Research Scientist, she holds a B Ed. (Sc) degree from the University of Nairobi and Doctoral and Masters degrees, both from Moi University. Professor Mwayuli has experience of university administration and management, having worked with the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA) from April 2002 to August 2013, where she rose from Head of Department to Dean of Faculty. She thereafter joined Garissa University as Deputy in charge of Academic and Student Affairs until January 2017. She is currently back at CUEA and is actively involved in teaching, research and community service.
Prof Mwayuli continually updates her knowledge, skills and experience through short courses some of which are:
- African Catholic Universities’ Quality Agency (ACUQA) Induction workshop for Reviewers/Members of Institutional Peer Review Groups, Naura Hotel, Arusha Tanzania 21 – 22 September 2010;
- ISO Training for CUEA Top Management at Naivasha Country Lodge 30th August-1st September 2010;
- Promoting Agrobiodiversity use: Markets and Chains: course held at the Wageningen International, the Netherlands. 19th-30th June, 2006;
- A policy Analysis course on Sustainable Food Security Systems: Course by the Institute of Science and Technology Policy Analysis and Training, African Centre for Technology Studies, Nairobi. January 23–27, 2006;
- Seaweed Mariculture for Community Development: Course by the International Ocean Institute and the University of the Western Cape (South Africa) November/December 1998;
- Attachment at the Amsterdam Research Institute for Substances in Ecosystems (ARISE) of the University of Amsterdam, March- May 1998; and,
- Social Forestry: Course by the Kenya Forestry Research Institute and Japanese International Co-operation Agency, Nairobi August 1995.
She is an advocate of community development and livelihood diversification in Africa and is passionate about youth education and empowerment especially for girls.
Prof Mwayuli is a Member of the Scientific Committee of the Association of Catholic Universities and Higher Institutes of Africa and Madagascar (ACUHIAM); International Network of Women Engineers and Scientist (INWES); African Women in Science and Engineering (AWSE); Association for Conservation of the Environment and Nature (ACEAN); and is a board member of FAWE Africa and a life member of FAWE Kenya.
- Mwayuli, G. A. and Pouchouta, (Eds.) Role of Catholic Universities in Africa in the attainment of the Development Millennium Goals. ACUHIAM Journal Vol 2, no 2. CUEA Press ISSN 2220-755
- Babu, J.M., Getabu, A.M., Nyaundi, K., Jembe,D., Boera, P.N., Sitoki, L.M., Mwayuli, G.A., Omondi, R.O.,Olilo, C O (2015). Phytoplankton distribution and abundance in small water bodies of the Lake Victoria Basin of Kenya. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic studies 2015; 2 (6) 166 -169. Online- ISSN: 2347-5129; Print- ISSN: 2394-0506
- Babu, J.M., Sitoki, L.M., Ogendi, G.M., Getabu, A.M., Boera, P.N., Akunga, G.N., Nyaundi, J.K., Njiiru, J.M., Mwayuli, G.A., Olilo, C (2015). Effects of Point source pollution on water quality, phytoplankton diversity and abundance in Lake Victoria, Kenya. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies 2015; 2(5): 57 -64. Online- ISSN: 2347-5129; Print- ISSN: 2394-0506
- Mwayuli, G. A. (2013). The Role of Catholic Universities in Africa in Lifting the Natural Resource Curse; in Maurice N. Amutabi (Ed), (2013): Studies in Culture, Gender and Education in Africa. Research , the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA) ISBN 978-996-015-65-5 Chapter 14 pp159 – 168
- Mwayuli, G. A. (2013). Cultural Communication for plant conservation: The Case of the Isukha living around Kakamega Forest; in Maurice N. Amutabi (Ed), (2013): Studies in Culture, Gender and Education in Africa. Research , the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA) ISBN 978-996-015-65-5 Chapter 26 pp 289 – 298
- Mwayuli, G. A, Pouchouta, P & Gichure, P. (Eds.) (2012). Catholic Universities in Africa: Educating for Holistic and Sustainable Development. ACUHIAM Journal Vol 2. CUEA Press ISSN 2220-755
- Mwayuli, G. A. (2011). The situation of women scientists and engineers in Kenya and strategies to attract girls into Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. In Araya B and Teklemarian A.A Eds (2011) Current Issues and Trends in Education in Sub-Saharan Africa. CUEA Press ISBN 978-9966-015-10-5
- Shoko, A.P; Getabu, A.; Mwayuli, G. & Mgaya, Y.D (2011). Growth Performance, Yields and Economic Benefits of Nile Tilapia Oreochromis Niloticus and Kales Brassica oleracea Cultured under Vegetable-Fish Culture Integration Tanzania Journal of Sciences Vol 37 2011: 37-48
- Mwayuli, G. A. and Kadenyi, M.M. (2010). Environmental Justice for Peace and Development: A Biblical Perspective. African Ecclesial Review, Vol. 51, No 4 Dec 2009 & Vol. 52, No. 1 March 2010 AMECEA Gaba Publications ISSN 0250 4650
- Mwayuli, G.A. (2009) Global uses of seaweeds: Potential for poverty alleviation in Kenya. Eastern Africa Journal of Humanities and Sciences Vol 9: No 2, pp 26 -38 July – December 2009. ISSN 1681-0007
- Mwayuli, G. A., (2008). Improving Livelihoods and Environmental Sustainability through Horticulture-Fish Integration in Kisii and Kuria regions of the Lake Victoria Basin. Proceedings of the 14th International Conference of Women Engineers and Scientists, 15th – 18th July 2008. Lille, France
- Tole, P. M., Mwayuli, G. A. and Tunje, J (2007). Development of Project Documents for Lamu and Tana-Malindi-Mida Creek Seascapes as major components of the WWF – EARPO Marine Programme for Kenya. Volume 1 – The Lamu seascape. Project No: KE 0087 Project Location: Kenyan Coast Agreement No: FY07/EAME/02, February, 2007
- Tole, P. M., Mwayuli, G. A. and Tunje, J (2007). Development of Project Documents for Lamu and Tana-Malindi-Mida Creek Seascapes as major components of the WWF – EARPO Marine Programme for Kenya. Volume 11 – The Tana-Delta-Malindi-Mida Seascape. Project No: KE 0087 Project Location: Kenyan Coast Agreement No: FY07/EAME/02, February, 2007
- Oyieke, H. A. & Mwayuli, G. A. (2006). The Seaweed Resources of Kenya. In: A. T. Critchley, M. Ohno and D. B. Largo, (Eds) 2006 World Seaweed Resources: An authoritative reference system DVD ROM Expert Centre for Taxonomic Identification (ETI), University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Mwayuli, G.A., Barbara, E.M. and Owuor, B.O. 2006. The value of Human ecology in the Decade of Education for Sustainable Development. 23 In The role of African Universities in the attainment of the Millennium Development Goals, Mugenda, O.M., Mugendi, D., Gravenir, F.Q., Akuno, E.A., Mutundu, K.K., Otolo, M., Ndiritu, J and Amkaya, W. (Eds.). Kenyatta University, Nairobi. p. 210-215. ISBN 9966-776-05-2
- Mwayuli, G. A., (2005). Variations in chemical content and epiphytic load of some macroalgae from two localities in the Kenyan north coast. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference of Women Engineers and Scientists, 26th 29th August 2005. Seoul, Korea
- Mwayuli, G. A., (2005). Reviving use of Indigenous Leafy Vegetables (ILVs) for improved food security in Shinyalu Division of Western Kenya. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference of Women Engineers and Scientists, 26th 29th August 2005. Seoul, Korea
- Mwayuli, G. A. and Cheptoo, C. (2005). The level of awareness of environmental implications- A case study of Kapkoros Tea Factory in Bomet District, Kenya. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference of Women Engineers and Scientists, 26th 29th August 2005. Seoul, Korea
- Mwayuli, G. A & S. Manohar (2003). Water quality and Species Diversity of Intertidal macroalgae at Kanamai and Malindi of the Kenya North Coast In Hoorweg, J & Muthiga, N (eds) Recent Advances in Coastal Ecology: Studies from Kenya. African Studies Centre Leiden, Research Report 70/2003. pp 65 – 79. ISBN 90.5448.054.8
- Mwayuli, G. A., H. A. Oyieke & S. Manohar (2003). Zonation of intertidal macroalgae at Kanamai and Vasco da Gama Point along the Kenyan north coast. In Chapman, R. O., Anderson, R.J., Vreeland, V. J & Davison, I. R (Eds) Seventeenth International Seaweed Symposium Proceedings of the XVIIth International seaweed symposium, Cape Town, South Africa, 28th January-2nd February 2001. Oxford University Press, New York. ISBN 0 19 850742 9
- Mwayuli, G. A., S. Manohar & H. A. Oyieke (2003). Status of seaweed Research in Kenya. African Environmental Review Vol 1: pp 24-35.
- Mwayuli, G. A. & H. A. Oyieke (2003). Macroalgal a-diversity in relation to water quality in the intertidal zones at two locations on the Kenyan North coast. Eastern Africa Journal of Humanities and Sciences Vol 3: No 1 – 2, January – December 2003. ISSN 1681-0007
- 2010 to date: Secretary of the Scientific Committee of the Association of Catholic Universities and Higher Institutes of Africa and Madagascar, ACUHIAM;
- 2010 date: Assigned the task of Developing Research Agenda for ACUHIAM:
i) Conceptualized and developed ACURI, the African Catholic Universities Research Initiative which was presented and adopted at ACUHIAM General Assembly 15 23 June 2012 at the Catholic University of Congo, the DRC.
ii) Conceptualized and developed Project for ACUHIAM Institutionalizing Education, Training and Research in Peace Studies
- 2011- date: Reviewer, Editor and General Coordinator for ACUHIAM Journal;
- 2016 – Member of Board of Management: St. Ignatius Mukumu Boys High School; Chairperson of the Board of Management;
- 2013 – 2015: Member of Board of Management: St. Ignatius Mukumu Boys High School;
- 2010 -2011: External Peer Reviewer with the African Catholic Universities Quality Assurance, ACUQA Pilot project;
- January 2018- Member of Board of Management: Esibembe A. C. Girls Secondary School:
- March 2011: Chair of Peer Review Team visiting Weill Bugando University College of Health Sciences, now the Catholic University of Health Sciences, Bugando
- June 2011: Chair of Peer Review Team visiting the Catholic University of Malawi
- April – September 2002: Establishment of the Catholic University of Eastern Africa Science Laboratories and launch of the Department of Natural Sciences; and,
- 1985: K.I.E Secondary Education Project In-Service course Trainer.