FAWE is seeking to recruit a high calibre and results-oriented individual with integrity to partner with a dynamic professional team in the position of Executive Director.
Reporting to the FAWE Africa Board, the Executive Director (ED) will head the Regional Secretariat and provide strategic leadership to the organisation. This includes management of the organisation on a day-to-day basis, fiscal operations, fundraising, advocacy, partnerships and networking, human resources management, and monitoring and evaluation to ensure that FAWE achieves its objectives as well as, to ensure programmatic strategies are effectively implemented across the FAWE Africa network.
Specifically, the Executive Director will:
- Develop and implement programmatic and organisational strategies and goals in collaboration with the FAWE Africa Board;
- Develop and review the Strategic Plans, Master planning, policies and guidelines of FAWE;
- Provide leadership and direction to FAWE’s National Chapters, setting the priorities of the organisation, uphold the integrity, reputation and sustainability of the organization;
- Build, nurture and manage strategic alliances and partnership with African governments and regional economic bodies, donors and other likeminded organisations and networks seeking to promote girls’ and women’s education; and,
- Develop innovative and effective resource mobilisation strategies to facilitate programme implementation and ensure the sustainability and stability of FAWE.
The successful candidate will have a Postgraduate degree with a bias in Strategic Management, Gender, Development or Education. S/he will possess at least 15 – 20 years’ experience with strong leadership skills and a successful leader in a regional organization, experience with a female-led organization will be an asset. S/he will be a visionary leader with a demonstrated track record in strategic management, programme development, resource mobilisation, project implementation and monitoring and evaluation. The ED will possess well developed networking and negotiation skills with the ability to develop strong collaborative partnerships and relationships with donors, high profile government officials and international partners. S/he will have a passion for girl-child education and will provide focussed leadership and resolve conflict situations. S/he will possess excellent interpersonal communication skills preferably in English or French, being bilingual will be an added advantage. S/he will command presence, demonstrate sound decision-making and judgement capabilities, integrity and resilience and will be self-driven.
This is an extremely challenging and exciting role for which FAWE will provide a competitive package for the right candidate. If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please submit your application to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application FAWE Executive Director” no later than 21st December 2018. The application must be accompanied by an updated CV and a cover letter clearly describing a vision statement for a specified period with a strategy for realizing that vision. Maximum 4 pages, Times New Roman 12 font, double spacing.
(Only those selected for interview will be contacted)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.