The Regional Secretariat provides coordination and technical support to National Chapters and monitors and evaluates the work of the entire organisation.
Its functions include but are not limited to:
- preparing detailed programs of work to be approved by the Executive Committee
- implementing and monitoring the work program
- preparing background documentation for review by the Executive Committee or the General Assembly
- acting as the nucleus for communication between the individual members and FAWE and between FAWE and donor partners
- liaising with collaborating agencies and donor partners
- maintaining proper books of accounts and prepare audited reports of accounts for submission to the Executive Committee and the General Assembly